Luxury vinyl tile advantages have increased so rapidly that it has become difficult to keep up with the almost daily changes and innovations. During the 2oth century, vinyl flooring was thought to be the kitchen, bath room and industrial replacement for linoleum. Sheet vinyl and tiles offered style and colors never before seen in resilient floor coverings. During the 21st century luxury vinyl tile became the new kid on the block and with it came many advantages never before seen in the flooring industry.
Luxury vinyl tile advantages are changing the flooring industry just as the smart phone that charges with a USB-C is changing communications. Luxury vinyl tile advantages range from style at a lower price to ease of installation and maintenance. From the appearance of an expensive marble or fine wood floor to a more rustic look of stone or distressed wood, luxury vinyl tile offers many advantages including the following:
Luxury Vinyl Tile Advantages – LVT and LVP Tile and Plank
Following are a number of luxury vinyl tile advantages that you may wish to consider when selecting a new floor covering.
- Softer to walk on
- Quieter under foot
- Resist water from those topical spills. Note: A wet substrate – water from below may cause problems.
- Easily cleaned with damp mopping.
- Large selection of styles from tile and stone to that wood and bamboo look.
- Almost unlimited color choices.
- Replicates the look of many natural flooring products.
- Manufactured in a variety of sizes from small to large squares, hexagons and polygons to narrow, medium, wide and extra wide plank sizes.
- Resists staining.
- Resists scratches, scuffs and dents.
- LVT and LVP products for both commercial and residential use.
- D-I-Y-S installation is easier than with wood, ceramic or stone.
- Many styles are made of one-hundred percent vinyl material.
- For the green builder, vinyl flooring meets green building standards, qualifying it for LEED points in commercial applications.
- Safety features with products that offer benefits such as slip resistance and commercial flammability code requirements.
- Wear layers up to 20 and 40 mil.
- Urethane and aluminum oxide wear layer coatings on some products.
- Most LVT products can be used over radiant heat floors.
- Luxury vinyl tile can be installed on all levels of a house.
- Ideal for wet areas such as bathrooms and kitchens.
- Warm to the touch unlike ceramic tile.
- Helps to insulate sound.