Floor covering designs play a major part in your selection process. The size of rooms can be expanded or even be made to look smaller by the use of particular floor covering designs and its color. Color has the ability to add warmth and excitement to a flooring installation. Light and pastel colors show soil while at the same time a darker and brighter colors show lint and debris. Both soil and lint will show less on mid-toned, multicolored and patterned floor covering designs. Following a few basics decorating tips.
Floor Covering Designs: Decorating Tips
- Give thought to selection of floorcovering designs and color and design that you are comfortable with since it will be there for many years.
- To make a smaller rooms appear larger and brighter, select floor covering designs that are light-colored and use light colored walls that are white or in a lighter tint of the floor color you selected.
- To make a larger rooms appear cozy select rich, dark, deep or earth toned colors.
- To give warmth to a room use reds, yellows and browns.
- To cool down a room use blues, greens and violet.
- Dark colors show lint.
- Light and pastel colors show soil faster.
- Floor covering designs with patterns help to conceal stains and soil.
- Small-scale patterns work well in a small room.
- Floor covering designs with large-scale patterns work well in larger rooms.
- Medium colors hide soil the best.
- Light colors and pastels are more formal appearing and add spaciousness.
- Warmer colors are more casual.
- Earth tones can make a larger area appear cozier and more livable.
- Neutrals can be easier to live with than bright colors and they can make it easier to change your decor.